An "Exact Match" Yes/No switch (Advanced Add), or a Exact/Broad switch (Add Wizard) is found near the URL field (also when editing a URL).
If set to "Yes" (or "Exact"), it means Exact Search. If not (default), it means Broad Search.
1. If a Root domain (example.com) is entered, it will always be searched as Broad (any other setting will be ignored). Any page under this domain will be found, and the highest ranking will be tracked.
2. A URL (example.com/page) can be searched as Exact or Broad.
Exact: Only "example.com/page" will be found and tracked.
Broad: Any URL under it will be found. For example: example.com/page/anotherpage1.html will also be found.
3. A sub-domain (sub.example.com) will always be searched as Broad. Sub.example.com and all pages under it will be found. (For example, sub.example.com/page/anotherpage).
4. Sub-domains are also found when entering a root domain. Entering example.com will also find sub.example.com
5. Sub-domain deep URLs (sub.example.com/page) can be searched as Exact or Broad.
Exact: Only sub.example.com/page will be found to track.
Broad: Any URL under it will be found. For example, sub.example.com/page/anotherpage.html or sub.example.com/page/whatever.