White label options are much more important than SEO novices give them credit for. What white label branding does is create something very important for an emerging business — and that is a positive, professional first impression. A positive first impression is a major element toward tipping the scales in your favor with a potential customer and helping him to decide whether to hire your services or not.
Before we go on, if you’re new to this term, white labeling simply means that when you use a SEO tool, anything you generate with this tool has your logo and details on it instead of theirs. There are a lot of different white label solutions in the market, and most noteworthy SEO tools offer them, since it is a fundamental industry standard. Some tools offer only basic white labeling solutions where only the reports you generate are white labeled, and some, like PRT, have advanced, in-depth white label solutions that can even brand the entire system with your logo and details, keeping the tool essentially fully backstage.
Customers naturally love being impressed, and seeing an SEO tool with your brand and name on it is more impressive than seeing that you use an external SEO tool. It makes you appear professional and established, and it’ll make that first impression have much more of a positive impact.
There is a variety of white label solutions that are available to you, from the most basic to the most advanced. All major SERP trackers have their equivalents of white labeling, but I will focus on PRT’s solutions in these examples:
- The Ranking Report – The most basic white label solution. The reports that the system generates have your logo and details on it. Some in-depth details about that:
- PRT can generate a total of 11 types of ranking reports with your historical data.
- You can send a virtually unlimited amount of white label ranking reports to your clients
- You can customize the templates of the reports the way you like and add that personal touch by changing the logo, text, or colors of your reports.
- White label email solution – One of the ways to send clients ranking reports is via email. The “sent from” address can be customized to show your address instead of PRT’s. The email reports can also be automated and sent at time intervals of your choice.
- Shared Ranking Reports hosted on your domain – This one is a little bit more advanced. PRT’s system can generate a live ranking report webpage branded with your logo and company details that looks like it’s hosted under your The page gets updated daily with your clients’ ranks and can be encrypted with a password and an expiration date. You don’t have to set up anything special for it or create additional pages in your website, just follow a few simple steps to set it up, and PRT’s system will do the rest! Check it out: Shared Report sample – password is: 1234
- MyRanks white label app – A premium solution for users who really want to take it up a notch. This is an iOS and Android mobile app for your clients that’s an extension of PRT which is also branded with your logo and details. Your clients can view their ranks from the comfort of their phone with their very own username and password, and the ranking data the app shows can be fully customized.
- Sub Accounts – Another premium level white label solution. With this feature, you can create additional PRT accounts that are under your control. Sub accounts can be entirely branded with your logo instead of PRT’s and appear like it’s hosted on your website. You decide what permissions each sub account gets, from narrow control to admin levels. If you have a client you really need to impress and keep happy, give them access to their very own sub account with their own unique username and password. The data they will see is, of course, fully customizable by you.
Just imagine the positive impact you’ll make at the first meeting with a new customer once you display case studies using ranking reports that have your logo on them. After that, you can also showcase how easily a customer can stay up to date with the progress of their campaign from the convenience of their smartphone using MyRanks — as far as they’re concerned, it’s YOUR app and YOUR technology, since it has all your details on it (and PRT isn’t mentioned anywhere, not even in tiny text). This is a key element to keep that good first impression going, since the ability to stay up-to-date on how well their campaign is doing builds confidence and faith in the process.
Given the opportunity, many SEO agencies would like to develop their own SEO tool and be on their own, so to speak. But this is a HUGE task that takes, time, money, effort and manpower, and until you make even a mid-level product, years could pass—not to mention the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would take to develop it. The market is absolutely saturated on SEO SaaS (software as a service) of various kinds, and it takes a great deal of effort to break into a saturated market if you’re not well founded yet. And let’s not forget adapting to Google’s constant changes and staying ahead of the game, like when Google dropped search volume for low-paid customers. (PRT, in this case, had to find a way to solve the issue and give their users their search volume back. Luckily it worked! Read more about that here.)
Now, I’m not talking about everyone. If you want to develop your own product and conquer a SaaS niche, that’s absolutely admirable. I’m talking about the first stages of a company’s growth, or those who simply want to enjoy the benefits of their own tool without the hassle and it is in no way a part of their future business plans.
You may be a beginner, and just building your portfolio and resume, but that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve a fair chance in the game. Your skills might rival a veteran SEO expert, but unfortunately you don’t have your very own tool to blow customers’ minds yet. For this purpose, white label is the perfect solution. It’s a way to bypass developing your own SEO tool while still having all the benefits of having one. With the help of white label solutions, the small guy can appear huge and have a fighting chance.
But that’s not only the case for young businesses; all of the above holds true if you’ve already made a name for yourself and you have an established, trusted brand to uphold and proudly display.
Large agencies actually use it A LOT. You have more SEO agencies that use 3rd party white label solutions than agencies that develop their own platform. And it makes absolute sense! Let’s take PRT as a case study for example: Here you have a SERP tracker vigorously test run by tens of thousands of users, developed over a period of 5 years of trial and error to reach 100% accuracy rates and bring you a polished platform of nothing but quality that pushes industry standards forward. All the hours of development, money and energy have already been invested for you and are offered for SEOs to use with THEIR name on the finished product.
So for those who don’t want to invest in developing a new SEO tool, diverse white label solutions are there for you waiting to be taken. And if, by chance, you want a VERY high-quality industry standard SERP tracker with the best white label solutions on the market that will amaze your clients, you have PRT.