One of the unpleasant sides of smoothly running an online shop is the hassle of dealing with suppliers and making sure the inventory is well stocked and managed. Proper stock management is also one of the factors that influence how the business is perceived, and bad inventory management has been known to lead to real difficulties for any business.
Enter advanced B2B eCommerce solutions that aim to make the often energy-draining B2B purchasing grind, as easy for business owners as making a simple purchase on Amazon.
The market offers a fair share of B2B eCommerce solutions, and it can be tricky and time consuming for a young entrepreneur to explore all of them. So, to help you along the research path. We decided to compile this short list of some of the best B2B eCommerce platforms out there to narrow the search!
Ecommerce took the corona crisis, relative to other tech fields, rather well. While many luxury items have lost traffic, the more basic and essential eShops have seen a spike in traffic and revenue, since most of us needed to conduct their regular shopping from global quarantine. The economy will recover, and the future seems especially bright for eCommerce, and this, of course, includes manufacturers and wholesale companies, the true deep layers of the eCommerce field!
So, without further ado, here are the top 5 B2B eCommerce platforms in the industry:
1. CS-Cart B2B & B2C (Capterra score 4.6/5)
Taking the lead is the open source CS-Cart. CS-Cart went public in 2005 and has since amassed more than 35k eCommerce B2B and B2C businesses that power their websites with CS-Cart.
CS-Cart is a user-friendly hybrid platform that takes into account the entire eCommerce ecosystem and handles both B2C and B2C technical needs.
While many other platforms on this list are focused on B2C, CS-Cart was designed with a multitude of features specifically tailored to make the B2B purchasing route as smooth as possible for wholesalers and manufacturers of any size.
CS-Cart offers B2B dedicated features such as:
- Dynamic price and discount formation tools to suit each client and their unique purchasing levels.
- A convenient and fast way to handle bulk orders and reorders with minimal clicks, making for a more streamlined and effective sales funnel.
- A powerful API that can integrate third-party CRM, ERP, accounting platforms, and various analytic tools.
- Set up and manage an unlimited number of storefronts from a single Admin panel. Users can set up as many storefronts as they need (B2B and B2C) with unique configuration and functionalities for each, offering a truly optimized and complete B2B user experience.
- Pay once and get full control with an ideal price/functionality balance. CS-Cart is a self-hosted script, which means their users effectively own the platform and not just rent it like a SaaS.
CS-Cart offers detailed documentation and video tutorials with installation instructions and server requirements on their website. It also offers free tech support during the onboarding period.
CS-Cart is the highest rated across the board and by far the most affordable on this list, which is why we placed it 1st.
You can check out their 15-day free trial HERE.
2. Shopify Plus (Capterra score 4.5/5)
A close second we have Shopify Plus. Shopify is a leading eCommerce cloud-based CMS focusing mainly on B2C sellers, powering more than 800k online stores. Some of the notable brands that work with Shopify include Tesla Motors, Nestle, MVMT, RedBull, Budweiser, and GitHub, just to name a few.
Shopify offers a B2B solution called Shopify Plus, with notable features such as:
- Integration flexibility with over 1500 other apps and a powerful API that supports third-party CRM and ERP. And the ability to Sync inventory, orders, and customers with existing Shopify stores and third-party software.
- B2B customers can track and easily reorder products.
- No coding required to set up – Shopify is ready to use cloud-based CMS, meaning you don’t need to know code to set up your B2B store.
- Custom pricing and discounts for high-volume orders and specific customers and groups.
- Manage up to 10 stores at once, with the ability to process up to 8,000 orders per minute, per store.
While Shopify Plus is considered pricey with a minimum monthly fee of $2000 for the common B2B use case, it’s still a very popular highly rated brand with powerful features.
You can check out their sign up page HERE.
3. Pepperi (Capterra score 4.4/5)
Pepperi is a relatively small yet promising cloud-based B2B dedicated platform founded in 2012. They aim to streamline the entire B2B process so that users can manage and monitor all sales channels from one place. Pepperi is designed for large scale enterprise B2B usage for wholesalers and distributors.
Pepperi might not be as big as the other platforms we listed here but they can still punch above their weight class with B2B features such as:
- Built-in omni-channel support and the ability to connect and manage online and face-to-face buyer experiences from a single central platform.
- Flexible integration with payment gateways and an API that can integrate with CRM and ERP systems.
- Configurable B2C like experience for B2B customers. Tailored for buyers with convenient payment and shipping options, special prices, trade promotions, price list management, notifications, and more.
- Catalogue centric approach. Their interactive, customizable catalogues are well-liked by online reviewers and are optimized to improve growth and sales. They even offer the ability to tailor personal catalogues for customers.
- A user-friendly web and mobile UI – Pepperi is mobile friendly and offers native mobile apps for Android and iOS with offline data support.
Even if you prefer a more established platform, this one is well worth consideration.
Check out their free demo HERE.
Magento Commerce (Capterra score 4.3/5)
Magento is a popular Adobe-owned open-source eCommerce software provider founded in 2001 (making it the most established brand among the ones featured in our list). It started with a B2C platform and later evolved to support B2B sales as well, and today powers more than 260k merchants.
Having a solid B2C base to start with it’s designed for a wide range of use cases, from small businesses to large enterprise and B2B wholesalers. They offer B2B features, such as:
- Personalized catalogues and prices for B2B buyers and the ability to target content and specific promotions.
- B2B customers can self manage their company accounts and set up permissions and roles. They can also view order history, track quotes, manage their credit, and various other features that minimize the need to contact support.
- Robust API that can integrate with 3rd-party apps, CRM, and ERP systems.
- Quote management tools and bulk ordering with CSV files and choosing items from pre-set requisition lists.
- Highly customizable. You can have a flexible feature-rich store that looks and acts just like you had envisioned, but it will require some skill. The potential is as high as the level of your programming, which on the flip side, means it’s also as low.
Magento might be considered pricey and overly complex by some, yet it became popular and widely used despite that, which can tell you that if you are ok with a steeper learning curve, you might discover a truly good B2B platform.
They also offer a free demo.
5. BigCommerce (Capterra score 4.3/5)
BigCommerce is a cloud-based B2C & B2B eCommerce platform established in 2009. It powers more than 95k websites that include 30 Fortune 1000 companies.
While they mostly focus on battling Shopify for B2C platform dominance with slick easy to install and customizable templates, their B2B dedicated features aren’t to be underestimated. Here are some of the B2B features they offer:
- Industry-standard API that can integrate all the needed 3rd party ERP, OMS, and CRM systems.
- Customized shipping rates specifically for B2B buyers with native ShipperHQ integration.
- Customer experience tools tailored for B2B, including immediate quote generation, user permissions, and re-ordering.
- Quote management and special bulk pricing with SKU-level segmentation for specific customers and groups.
- Seamless integration with leading 3rd party eCommerce solutions such as Nextopia, Bundle B2B, Apruve, PunchOut2Go, Brightpearl, and more.
Due to its SaaS nature, BigCommerce is also considered pricey in the long run, especially for the feature-rich heavy B2B use case.
You can request a demo HERE.
Even without the pandemic proving the need to be internet-based. According to Forrester, projections have shownB2B eCommerce will reach a 17% market share in the US, with a 1.8 trillion in sales within the next two years. The trajectory is also indicating an annual 10% growth in the next 5 years!
We trust that you do your well diligent research and that our list helps you choose more wisely!
About Pro Rank Tracker (Capterra score 4.7/5)
Pro Rank Tracker is the leading cloud-based SERP tracker on the market that also includes advanced eCommerce tracking in the toolkit that we offer marketers and SEOs. As such, many of our users are experts that specialize in B2B eCommerce.
Here are just some of the reasons SEO and eCommerce experts choose us as their monitoring tool:
- EXTREME search engine coverage: Google with all ranking types for 2020 (including GMB, featured snippets and videos) | Amazon (with local versions) | Yahoo! and Bing | Yandex | YouTube.
- The most affordable price – track 20,000 search results on all search engines for only $25 a month.
- Reliable tech support on all fronts: 24/7 ticket support, chat, Facebook DMs, Twitter DMs, LinkedIn DMs, email, and even by skype.
- Accurate and Google update resistant – we monitor Google 24/7 and show our users their accurate ranks, even following a big update.
- Places YOUR brand at the center – all our features and ranking reports are 100% white label.
There’s a reason we score highly on Capterra, and to let you see for yourself why here’s a truly FREE 7-day trial.
It requires no credit card details to activate and will not auto-renew like your common subscription trap!