In today’s market flooded with SEO tools, where everyone claims to be the best, it is essential that you as a consumer have the freedom to try out a multitude of tools before deciding what is best for your company—and, if the need arises, to have the freedom to migrate to another tool conveniently and without concerns. Today we’ll talk about the natural process of moving successfully to a new SEO tool.
So, let’s say you’ve been in an SEO relationship with your SERP tracker for a year or two, but suddenly you test run a new tool and discover that it fits your needs much better and the price tag will actually save you money! Now that you’ve decided to move on comes the step many don’t want to face – actually migrating your data to this new tool. Often, if the tool you currently use doesn’t have any means to export data, you will have to start everything from scratch. The task might seem daunting at first, but if the new tool has a solution for easy data migration, you’ll be in luck, so don’t hesitate to ask!
The tools that are truly high-quality and trustworthy will always provide you with an option to export and import data, and they will often have a system for this. So before singing up with a new SERP tracker, it’s essential to ask if your accumulated data can be backed up, or if there are agreed-upon methods of importing/exporting data to and from other tools.
You also need to remember that the best first step is to thoroughly test drive the tool to see if it works well and fits your SEO needs before making your decision. This will minimize your odds of wanting to migrate in the near future. That’s what free trials are for!
Here are a few helpful guides from our blog on what to look for when test driving a new tool:
ProRankTracker has been designed to accommodate users in a free market and makes data-migration solutions a high priority. Here are the industry-standard solutions, which are important to consider whenever testing any SERP tracker in the market, so make sure you get these solutions (or at least their equivalent):
- Our paid plans have no commitment to begin with—we don’t tie you down like it’s some kind of marriage.
- Our free plan has no expiration date—none of that 30-day countdown, suddenly get charged automatically out-of-the-blue business. No credit card is ever required for the free plan/trial.
- Any data that you want to move to PRT can be done easily in a few steps using the Bulk Add solution. Simply fill out an Excel table (or get one from your tool if it offers this), and the data will be fed to our system.
- The data you will accumulate in PRT can be backed up and exported into PDF, CSV and XLSX formats, and it can be downloaded, emailed, or sent to Google Drive or Dropbox.
- If the amount of data you need to move is larger than average, then we have a dedicated account manager that can help you move that data and who will be with you every step of the way until you settle in.
Data migration solutions are just one aspect of being an industry-standard SERP tracker. We also have the lowest price-per-keyword on the market, the most accurate rank-tracking algorithm, and we are SEO centered. We will not charge you for features that are irrelevant to your SEO campaigns. So be sure to check us out: