Introducing PRT’s updated Shared Reports: The next-gen of SEO ranking reports
Sending SEO ranking reports to your clients aids in transparency and is one of the basic requirements of an SEO expert.
But there is a downside – there is nothing too special about it.
Every SEO professional with a high standard of customer service does this. Just sending SEO rankings reports won’t help you stand out. But, what if we told you there was a way to break out of the mold and truly shine?
Imagine you don’t have to be like everyone else.
In fact, there is a much better and more impressive way to show your clients their ranking data and progress. What can this amazing solution be? Well you are about to find out, because today we are taking you step by step through one the most amazing reporting solutions out there: PRT’s Shared Report. Best of all, anyone who reads this post will get to try it from a client’s point of view (even if you aren’t a PRT user).
First of all, what exactly is a Shared Report?
Unlike the regular SEO ranking reports people usually get by email, a shared report is a unique and interactive webpage generated through PRT that shows your client their ranking data in a fresh and innovative way.
Now, let’s get down to business. The best way is to show you and let you experience it yourself, so for the sake of this tour we’ve created a Shared Report you can browse yourself. So go ahead and jump right in:
Link. Password is: “shared”.
The Key Elements
As you take your test drive of our shared report, here are the key features to know about:
- The report is generated on a completely unique link that can be hosted on your website.
- Show off your brand – PRT’s features are 100% white label, so the Shared Report webpage is designed to feature your company’s logo and details.
- Secure – access to the link can be encrypted with a password, and it can also be set to public access with no password.
- Broad reach and high accessibility – anyone with the link and password can see the data, and it’s accessible anywhere and at any time at their convenience. Much better than waiting for a report to come every time by email.
- Full control over what data is shown – you get to decide which data and how many details you want the Shared Report to show, down to the last detail.
- You can set an expiration date. The Shared Report will go offline at the set date, so you won’t have to remember to ‘turn it off’.
- Live! – The ranking data in the report gets automatically updated at least once a day and up to 3 times on demand, so your clients will always see their most updated ranks.
Google updates its search index and ranks very often, which is why you need a SERP tracker with the highest rank-update frequency you can get. We did a whole story about it:
SEO’s life monitor: Why you absolutely must know about your SERP tracker’s rank update frequency
All of your ranking data can be updated up to 3 times on demand per day, giving you the freshest data available straight from the Google oven.
- Unlimited reports – generate as many Shared Reports as you need! This leaves room for growth, flexibility and diversity without the need to constantly monitor some sort of quota. All of PRT’s reporting solutions come with an unlimited quota because we know it’s one of the most-needed features for SEO experts.
- Choose the language of the report – you have a client who isn’t an English speaker? Not a problem. You can select the language to suit each case. PRT has users from all over the world, so we made sure you can send reports in Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish!
The Full Breakdown
Let’s take a quick tour of what we see in the link from top to bottom and even learn about some very valuable SERP tracking lore on the way:
Your Logo – This is what’s white label is all about. It’s an amazing way to stand out, showcase your brand and look highly professional, especially if the link is hosted under your domain. Your clients don’t even have to know you’re using PRT to get their ranking data. You are free to present it as your own!
The Quick Stats Box – A quick overview of all the changes that took place and the general status of your ranks.
The Orange Download Button
Anyone who views the SEO rankings report can download it in PDF, CSV and XLSX files (you can decide whether to include this button or not).
The Data Table
The main dish of the report that shows all the main ranking data. Use our advanced filters to choose exactly what data you need the SEO rankings report to show. Anyone viewing the report can sort it by any of the columns.
You decide which columns to show or hide. You can display up to 10 columns of your choice (there are 18 to choose from!). The columns that we see in this report are as follows:
- Term – the keyword being tracked. The different ranks you see in this report are all for the same keyword and the same website tracked with various ranking factors.
- Term combination – 4 details in a single column: Search Engine, Location, UI Language and Device Type (“no device” means desktop). You can also show each of these details in separate columns. If you want to rank track by 2018 standards, you’ll need to include these 4 details to get the most relevant and accurate rank.
- URL – the exact webpage that is ranking for that keyword. You can either decide to track a specific webpage for a certain keyword, or track the whole website for that keyword to see which site pages rank highest.
- Title – the webpage’s title as the search engine displays it in their SERP. A SERP title is one of the most important CTR factors, and it can make the difference between a visit to your site or the competitor’s. Google might change your title, which is why it’s important you include it in your data table to keep track of it.
- Rank – the most recent rank that was obtained from Google’s search index.
- Top – the highest rank that was achieved since tracking started.
- Global – shows the global monthly search volume on Google for that keyword. It is one of the highest-value columns to include, especially since Google stopped showing this data to regular users!
- Trend – a quick-glance overview of the term’s progress over the past month. Clicking this cell will enlarge it:
- Each of the graphs can be individually saved as an image file:
Next up is the eye candy of the PRT SEO rankings report – visual progress of each rank. Notice that the user can choose which date range to see:
As you can see above, it’s even possible to see the entire historical progress of a rank.
Multiple Term Graph
With this feature, it’s possible to choose up to 15 ranks and compare them one against the other in a single graph! Like so:
It’s common knowledge by now that Google is extremely personalized, and there are tens of thousands of ranking factors at play. The Multiple Term Graph is one of the best ways to see it. Experiment with it for yourself, and see how ranks vary based on slight changes such as a person searching on Android vs. iPhone, for example. This SEO keyword ranking report is designed specifically for that since it features the same keyword tracked with different ranking factors.
|If you want to learn more about how Google’s personalization works, how it influences ranks, and the proper way to rank track in 2018, you have to read these three articles:
SERP tracking in a post-privacy world: How Google knows your location virtually at all times
The Notes Feature
Each graph will have a detailed table below with notes that you can add to each date, giving your clients valuable tips and insights about their ranks:
Best of all, the notes can also be viewed by hovering over the exclamation marks you see on the graph:
PRT’s Notes feature is one of the best ways to monitor an SEO campaign in detail. They are especially great to keep track of important changes that you made or that happened externally, such as a Google update, and you’ll be able to immediately see how the noted change influenced the ranks. Notes can also be used to optimize your data management and workflow. You can read all about it here:
|Manage your SEO campaigns like never before with PRT’s TermNotes feature
All rights reserved
A small but important white-label touch to close off the report – having your company name sealing the SEO rankings report with a professional “All Rights Reserved” statement.
White Label Magic – Designing and styling your report
If you’re going to place your logo on the top, you might as well set the color theme of the report to match so it’ll look more professional. To do that, you can use our template design page. Here is how we styled the SEO rankings report you see in this post:
Creating a template will allow you to use your design not just in Shared Reports, but also in all of the reports that you send, plus our Sub-Accounts. You can create as many report templates as you like, no matter what monthly plan you’re using. You can even set up a cover letter and a custom header/footer that will be shown if the client decides to use the orange download button and get the PDF version of the report:
Here’s the same SEO rankings report with a different color scheme – Link (no password this time)
|White label is one of the most powerful solutions for brand building. Looking like a real professional and appearing more established will actually help you close more and get better deals. And if you think Shared Reports are cool, you should know we didn’t even mention the full scope of our white label solutions. Some of them rival and even surpass Shared Reports! Here, if you want to dive deeper and learn about the higher levels:
The Amazing Value of White Label Solutions for SEOs
Now that you know all about shared reports, you should know they’re not limited to your clients only. The applications are up to your imagination. For example, they’re a great tool for sharing data with your colleagues or to present case studies of successful SEO campaigns to potential clients. Not only will it show future clients the results they can have if they hire you, but they will also see a ‘preview’ of the way they will be getting their ranks – with a stunning live shared report hosted on your domain.
Also, if you enjoyed this breakdown and feel that you learned something new, please share this article and your thoughts and subscribe to our blog. More cool features are coming, and we always post about the latest SERP tracking news.
PRT is an SEO-centered SERP tracker with over 50,000 users worldwide – from freelancers to huge SEO agencies and companies. We follow the most updated standards of rank tracking required to properly track search engines, and they are:
- All the needed ranking types for 2018
- The highest rank-tracking resolution on the market so you can pinpoint rankings down to almost any exact location on the planet
- The highest rank-update frequency on the market
- 100% accuracy in fetching ranks
Now for the best part: If you want to try us for free, you can! NO AUTO RENEWAL TRAPS and no time limit on our free plan. Go ahead and take us for a test drive (we won’t even ask you for a credit card).
After you’ve experienced PRT, it’s only natural you’d want others to enjoy the benefits of real accurate SERP tracking. For this, we have our awesome affiliate program, designed to make everyone a winner.